After a very long period of work where we have had to run the sanitation network, part of the facilities going through the ground (water and heating) and all the modifications and reinforcements of the structure, we finally managed to enter the phase that will allow the new housing to be set up.

The main works performed would be classified into the following groups:

  • Partitions
  • Integrated furniture
  • Facings
  • Power installation
  • Smoke evacuation facility


The project is configured from large spaces that contain closed volumes for those rooms in the future housing that require complete independence from the day space. These volumes are formalized as boxes that have no contact with the local ceiling, allowing the original continuousness of the local ceiling to be visible.

These elements have been built using dry work systems. They are formalized with an inner lattice of galvanized steel profiles and a placated coating, which is mostly laminated plaster plates, although it will in some part be made of wooden planks.  These envans include inside the space to move the sliding doors that will be installed.

For roofs, a less conventional constructive system has been chosen: they have been built with a structure bearing a Greek-made steel sheet, which gives us a suitable lower end while offering us a sufficient capacity to be able to use the highs as storage space.Obra-MdP_Part-IV_EN_Detalls-pladur


From the earliest conception of the project, it was planned that the living room would have a system of labor banks, which together with a doggy system would configure the couch in the room.


Once we saw the result of this executed element, together with the client, we became involved in moving the formal solution to the benches of the two kitchens and the outer laundry. To execute these elements, brick and steel profiling has been used to give stability to the top counters. Once built, we’ve covered it with cement mortar waiting for its final Microbeton EDFAN finish

One of the things that gave us the most doubts was the formation of the sinks. Finally, we chose to use as lost mould stainless steel sinks during execution. These are eventually coated with cement mortar and plastic mesh to avoid cracks.

In the main bathroom too, we executed the masonry and the work sink (this is something that we also had planned for quite some time ago). In this case, the raccoon has been solved integrated with work including a built-in steel channel.


Since the project plans to keep many of the surfaces of the space stripped (brick and stone walls, and ceilings), covering solutions are very concrete.

The walls have been repaired, and cleared with an acidic solution applied with water pressure. The ceiling beams have been decapitated by erosion with PVC brushes, while the corners have been manually brushed. The result is completely clean walls of all the covering layers they had. As a final finish, a fixer has been applied to give some cohesion to the surface, while protecting against moisture.

At certain points on the walls, and the inner jambs of the windows, a fixed treatment has been chosen to execute a mortar covering. He was very well involved in the brutality of the materials we’ve discovered in space.

The general pavement solution, as well as facing for baths and some walls of the built volumes, is to apply Microbeton to the EDFAN house. The color “Gris Cemento” has been chosen.

This continuous covering has a demanding set, as other jobs cannot be folded during the execution of these jobs, as we must prevent dust from occurring. In addition, the fact that these jobs affect the entire pavement means that they are not being worked out during their application.

In one of the boxes, there will be a wooden slating, which we will discuss in future entries.


The project decision to keep the walls and ceilings stripped, means that all the facilities running above the level of pavement will have to be surface.

For the electric installation, we have worked with metal trays hanging from the ceiling for general conductions. In addition, we take advantage of these elements to solve part of the lighting of the spaces by incorporating lights embedded in the lower face of the trays themselves.

For the drops of control points (switches) and service (plugs) we use steel tubes on the surface. Electric mechanisms are from the series “Ideal” and “Record” of Llinàs BC, a Barcelona company with a line of fantastic electrical mechanisms for projects of this kind. We also surface-treated light points on the wall.


In addition to the removal of smoke from the cooking areas of the two kitchens, the project has incorporated a simple flow controlled mechanical ventilation system.

All necessary conduits have been made with galvanized steel tube in sight. It has been very important to control the position of the tubes to be perfectly integrated into the project.


Anteriors entrades sobre Obra MdP:

Part 1: Fem neteja

Part 2: Avaluant l’estructura

Part 3: Estructura completada